Improving Concentration and Focus: some Guidelines
If you’ve decided you’re on your way to a strong will, focus and concentration, here are some ideas. They involve both mind and body. They will multiply the effects of the meditation many times over.
• Keep your body clean, healthy, and fit. Give it the right amount and kind of food, rest, recreation, and exercise. There is a link between the body and mind. The state of your body will influence the state of your mind
• Make friends with those who are also interested in growing strong mentally and physically.
• Foster relationships with those who are ahead of you on the path.
• Counter negative thoughts by thinking opposing thoughts.
• Make it a habit to study. Educate yourself.
• Volunteer with people who work for the disadvantaged, the disabled and the distressed
• Read up about the recent trend towards minimalist living. Try and be content with ‘just enough.’
• Accept reality with serenity.
Now that’s a whole cartload to take on board all at once. And you probably don’t want to.
Start where you are. Do what you can. Be careful about what you read, watch, do. Watch who you hang out with. Be helpful to others when you can.
So there you have it. Improving your concentration and focus will take time and effort. But you can be sure you’ll never regret it.
If you would like to learn the secrets of how to be your best self, send for a free e-book by joining our mailing list: just fill in your name and email in the coupon in the right hand column above